27 December 2007

Top 5 Rap Videos

So I'm new to the blogosphere, but I figured heck why not? Which leads me to this, a blog about my life basically, but mostly rap. In order to show what type of blog this is, I've decided for my first post to give you a list of what I consider to be my top 5 rap videos at this moment. Now keep in my mind, the only videos I watch are on youtube because I hate mtv, so this list may not include Souja Boy or that garbage. Here it is:

5. Tech N9ne - Slacker

Pretty simple video. I think it portrays the video quite well as it just shows him being a slacker. Plus Tech N9ne is highly underrated as an artist. KC-MO!

4. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Change The World

Definitely not in the prime of their career this video is amazing. You can literally see the world change in the video. It's videos/songs like this from Bone Thugs that have me wishing Bizzy were still in the group because he absolutely killed this song.

3. Dead Celebrity Status - We Fall, We Fall

This video just creeps me out. The opening scene of the two girls is very "The Shining"-esque. Not to mention Dead Celebrity Status is a tight hip hop group.

2. Sage Francis - Escape Artist

A great non-performance video with Sage Francis chasing his shadow throughout the whole video. Great hide-and-seek game. The song is great as well, I believe he is talking about the rap industry and the over saturation that has occurred.

1. Chamillionaire - Hip Hop Police/Evening News

Just watch it and tell me it's not great. Chamillionaire would've gone platinum with this album had Ridin' Overseas been on it, but the American public has been brainwashed into Cranking Dat Soulja Boy.

That's it for post number one. Stay tuned for more hip hop news, reviews, and general talk about my life or your life, you decide.



No comments: